Here at Slay Society we are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of your personal data.
Slay Society is a leading online luxury fashion and footwear retail company based in the UK. We design, source, market and sell clothing, accessories and shoes targeted at 16-35 year-old consumers in almost every country in the world. You can read more about us on our About Us page.
Slay Society is based at 8 Station Street, Urban Escape, Byram Arcade, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, England, HD1 1LN (collectively referred to as “Slay”, “we”, “us” and “our” in this privacy notice) is the registered data controller and responsible for your personal data collected through the ww.slay-society.com website (the “Site”) . Slay Society are the owners and operators of the Site and the relevant accounts on social media.
We take the protection of your personal data seriously and will process your personal data fairly, lawfully and transparently. This privacy notice describes the personal data we are collecting about you and how it is used.
We reserve the right to amend this policy from time to time. This policy was most recently updated on 2nd October 2020.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
During your use of our Site, whether you’re just having a browse or making a purchase, it’s necessary for us to collect some personal data in order to provide the best service possible. We may also collect personal data about you when you register and use a Slay Society Account, when you interact with us on our social media accounts, when you purchase products from us (or via third party platforms), and when you participate in any giveaways. We may collect and process the following information about you:
WHAT YOU GIVE US
- a) Typically, we ask for your name, date of birth, email address, telephone number, and delivery address. This is necessary information for us to collect in order to send you what you purchase from us. We will also ask for these pieces of personal data when you register a Slay Society Account, so we can tailor our promotions in a unique way to suit you and what is relevant. It also helps that you don’t have to keep filling in your details every time you make a purchase, which can be very time consuming! For every order you make, there will be an order number that will be linked to your details when you make a purchase from us, so you can always see what you have purchased from us in the past.
- b) When you fill in forms on our Site, you may also give us information about yourself. When you register to subscribe to our email newsletters, enter into our giveaways and other promotions, or when you participate in our social media activities or surveys, you’ll be giving us your information so we can contact you accordingly.
- c) Where you are applying for a job, work placement or internship, you will be asked to provide certain additional information, for example about your education, employment history, right to work, and state of health.
When you give us your personal information, you must make sure that the data you give us is personal to you and no one else, unless you have the express permission to use their details. You must only provide an email address that is accessible to only yourself and not any others. You should not use another person’s email address or a generic email address, like firstname.lastname@example.org. You must also ensure that the information you give us is accurate and up to date. By giving us data about yourself, you verify that the information you gave is personal to you, is accurate and up to date, and that you will keep us informed of any changes.
WHAT WE COLLECT
When you use our Site and social media, we may collect the following data: Technical data. Information such as the Internet protocol (IP) address, your Slay Society Account login information, device type, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and what platform you use; About your visit to our Site. We record the number of visits, the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream (including date and time), products you looked at or searched for, download errors, page response times, how long you spend on certain pages, page interactions (like what you click on), and methods used to browse away from the page; How many times you have been on our Site and information about your order(s). This includes the products you have purchased and any details you entered when you placed your order(s). This will be linked to the email address you use when you place an order or your Slay Society Account (if you’ve registered); More information on the ways that we collect some of the above can be found on our Cookies Policy page.
WHAT WE GET FROM OTHERS
We may get the information set out in the points above when you use certain third party platforms. We work closely with these third parties, including the companies who deliver your order to you, card protection and payment processing companies that process your payments for orders, and business partners (like if we have a competition with another company), in order to fulfil our contract with you.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
All processing of your personal data is justified by a legal "condition" for such processing. In the majority of cases, processing will be justified on the basis that:
- a) you have given consent for your personal data to be processed for example, where you consent to the placing of cookies on our Site, or where you proactively sign-up to our email newsletters);
- b) the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract (for example, to deliver goods that you have ordered);
- c) the processing is necessary for us to comply with a relevant legal obligation (for example, compliance with a court order); or
- d) the processing is in our legitimate interests, subject to your interests and fundamental rights (for example, we have a legitimate commercial interest in placing cookies and tracking tools on our website in order to understand how our site is used, and to make improvements to it).
We use the personal information collected about you in order to give you a better experience overall. It is used in the following ways:
WHAT YOU GIVE US
We will use this data:
- a) We need this information to carry out our obligations from any contracts we entered into with you. It is used when processing your order, entering you into competition (by your request) or to providing you with the information about products and services that you request from us. This might need to be disclosed to specific third parties, for example card processing agencies, shipping providers and carriers, fraud protection agencies and other companies who are involved in gifting prizes for our competitions other promotions;
- b) To interact with you using social media. Features like the “like”, “retweet”, “repost” and “share” on social media may allow us to enable integration and/or access to your accounts on social media. Please note we do not control any social media platform or your profile/account on any social media site. You and the relevant social media site(s) will be in control of those issues, and not us. You are encouraged to read all policies and information on the applicable social media sites to learn more about how they handle your information before using their sites;
- c) To provide you with information about other goods we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, and to notify you of our offers and promotions by email. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any campaign, or writing to our Customer Service team at email@example.com or Customer Service, Slay Society, 8 Station Street, Urban Escape, Byram Arcade, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD1 1LN. Please keep in mind that this may not be an immediate unsubscribe, and you may still receive some promotions until it has been updated in our system. If you believe for some reason that the unsubscribe link has not worked after two days, please do not hesitate to get in contact with our Customer Service, and we can arrange for this to be corrected;
- d) To notify you about changes to the Site, your order, our terms and conditions and our service;
- e) To ensure that the content from on the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you, your computer, or other devices.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We will use this data: To administer and operate the Site and our social media, as well as for internal team operations, like troubleshooting, analysing data, research, testing, and statistical purposes; To process, fulfil and keep a record of orders placed, and your purchases and returns; To tailor our service to you and to ensure that we can process your order in the most efficient manner for you, and to overall improve your experience on our site; To promote and advertise Slay Society and its goods (see below for further details); To improve the Site and social media to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and other devices; To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; To add to our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure; To measure and understand the effectiveness of the advertising that we conduct, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; To make suggestions and recommendations to you about certain goods that may interest you.
WHAT WE GET FROM OTHERS
We may combine data we collect with the data that you have given to us and data that we collect about you, for the purposes listed above, depending on the information we receive.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We will never sell your personal information to others.
We may share your information with our carefully selected third parties, operating on our instructions, including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. For example, our carriers that deliver your order to you, our card and payment processing companies that process the payment for your order and suppliers of items and prizes for our promotions and other carefully selected third parties whom we consider may be of interest to you.
- Market research and promotions management agencies to help improve our Site and social media, and the services we offer to you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data in order to send relevant adverts to you and others. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site and social media.
In all circumstances, we work closely with these third parties to ensure your privacy is respected and protected. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in the following instances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Slay Society or all of its assets are acquired by a third party, any personal data held by the company about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Some of our suppliers and business partners are based and operate outside of the European Economic Area and accordingly we may transfer your personal data to be processed at a destination outside the EEA. This processing may be for the purposes of fulfilling your order, processing payment details or providing support and associated services. Whenever your information is transferred outside of the EEA, we will ensure there are safeguards in place which means the transfer complies with applicable data protection laws (such as use of a data transfer agreement). By using our Site and social media and submitting your information when purchasing products or participating in competitions and other promotions, you agree to the activities inside and outside the EEA, as stated above. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy. You have a right to request information about the safeguards we use, and where to obtain a copy of them (which we may need to partially redact for reasons of commercial confidentiality).
THE SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
When you are asked to give your email address and set a password to register a Slay Society Account or sign up to our newsletter, you must make sure that the data you give us is personal to you and no one else, and not used by any third party. You should not use another person’s email address or a generic email address, like firstname.lastname@example.org You must provide an email address that is accessible to only yourself and not others. You must keep all passwords secret and confidential, making sure not share your password with any other person. You must immediately notify us if you know, or suspect, that someone else has access to your password (whether it was authorised by you or unauthorised).
Where you have registered a Slay Society Account you must ensure that your information on the account is always kept up to date. You must update it when you change your address or if your name changes, as we use the information to tailor our service to you and make it more efficient for use. You must not in any circumstances use the Site, interact with us on social media, or register a Slay Society Account using another person’s details. By using the site, interacting with us on social media and registering a Slay Society Account with us, you authorise, represent and guarantee that the personal information you provide us is personal to you, and does not belong to anyone else. You must notify us immediately if you know or suspect another person is using your or someone else’s details. Unfortunately, the transfer of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will do our absolute best to protect your personal data, however we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use all reasonable methods to try to prevent unauthorised access.
By interacting with us on social media (joining or following us on any of our social media pages, “liking”, “retweeting”, writing a comment in relation to a page on social media, or any other form of interaction) you are consenting to our interaction with you on social media and the processing of your information accessed on social media. The type of information about you that may be collected when you interact with us on social media may include your name, user profile, age, preferences, your photos and other images and your videos. Please let us know if at any time you wish us to stop interacting with you on social media or using any of your information on social media by contacting us at the details set out in the last section.
By interacting with us on social media (e.g. "liking", "hashtagging" or "retweeting") we may decide to use your image and contributions for the purposes of promoting, advertising and endorsing Slay Society and Slay Society products, including without limitation for the purposes of your participation in any promotional activity for the same, and in any media including without limitation social media and on our Site. If for any reason you object to the use of your image, contributions or otherwise by us, please contact our Customer Services team at email@example.com
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Generally we will only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to satisfy the reason(s) for which it was collected. However, there may be circumstances which give rise to the need to retain your data for longer than this,, for example where we are required to do so for legal, tax and accounting reasons. This would also apply in the case of any complaints whereby we would retain the data for longer in order to maintain an accurate record of interactions between us. Where we have collected your personal data in order for marketing purposes, your personal data will be stored by us only as long as you do not change your mind to receive such materials from Slay Society, and notify us of that fact.
You have several rights under the data privacy legislation, which are the following:
- To request access to your personal data;
- To request correction of your personal data;
- To request erasure of your personal data;
- To request restriction of processing of your personal data where:
- the accuracy of your personal data is challenged;
- the processing is unlawful however you object to the erasure of such personal data;
- and the retention of your personal data is no longer required, however it is still necessary to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim;
- To request the transfer of your personal data;
- To object to processing of your personal data; and
- To object to automated decision making.
To exercise your rights above, you can simply log in to your Slay Society Account and adjust where necessary, or contact our Customer Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org or Customer Services, Slay Society, 8 Station Street, Urban Escape, Byram Arcade, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD1 1LN.
Please note that many of these rights are subject to certain exemptions - we will tell you if we rely on an exemption. We will also ask you provide proof of your identity when you make a request. We reserve the right to charge a fee, or decline to respond to a request, if it is excessive or manifestly unfounded.
Additionally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority for data protection. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy should be addressed to our Customer Services team at email@example.com or Customer Services, Slay Society, 8 Station Street, Urban Escape, Byram Arcade, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD1 1LN.